REST stands for "Representational State Transfer." It was claimed by
Roy Fielding in his doctor dissertation in
What is the difference between REST and RESTful?
The term RESTful refers to web services implementing such a REST architecture.
PHP libraries and resources to checkout.
- Bullet PHP - A micro framework for building REST
- Hateoas - PHP library to support
implementing representations for HATEOAS REST web services.
- RESTful APIs, the big lie - Technical
critique which introduces some issues of REST and how JSON-Pure APIs could do
better, with a follow-up article.
- Restler - A lightweight framework to
expose PHP methods as RESTful web APIs.
- Fusio - Fusio is an open source API management
platform which helps to build and manage REST APIs.
- Slim - Slim is a PHP micro framework that
helps you quickly write simple yet powerful web applications and APIs.
- Api Platform - The ultimate PHP framework to
build modern web APIs.