Beside writing tests, there are more factors that affect the quality of your
code. Let's check some tools for PHP that can improve your code quality.
PhpMetrics is a very convenient static analysis tool for your
code and your PHP projects.
It can be installed with Composer or by downloading phar:
composer global require 'halleck45/phpmetrics'
phpmetrics --report-html=myreport.html /path/of/your/sources
PhpMetrics can even interact with Jenkins and Sonar.
After running PhpMetrics from terminal you get an HTML file that looks
something like this:
Some examples of PhpMetrics reports:
Other useful tools to check out:
- PHP Parser - This is a PHP 5.2 to PHP 7.1 parser written in PHP. Its purpose is to simplify static code analysis and manipulation.
- PHP QA tools - List of PHP Quality Assurance tools
- Jenkins PHP - Template for Jenkins Jobs for PHP Projects
- PHP Mess Detector - User friendly and easy to configure frontend for the raw metrics measured by PHP Depend
- PHPCheckStyle - open-source tool that helps PHP programmers adhere to certain coding conventions
- Qafoo Quality Analyzer - Tool helping us to analyze software projects.
- SensioLabsInsight - A quick way to run over 100 quality tests on your code (free version available).